Monday, February 2, 2009

Thankful in February

Today... I spent the day in awful pain with my neck. I think it's a combination of stress, lifting weights, and just "me." I was in tears today because of the pain, and feeling useless as my concentration levels were at an all time low.

Last week, a co-worker shared some vicodin w/ me (the only thing that got me through last Thursday.) On Friday, I had a doctor's appointment, and somehow managed to get consumed with a presentation and completely forgot to leave work and go to it (unbelievable!) Then on Saturday, I did some funky twist getting into the car, hit my head and heard my neck "snap" out again. Oh... the pain!

But aside from all of that... I am thankful today. I feel blessed that both Joe and I have good jobs, family/friends who love us, a house that we never want to leave, and the ability to "work" on getting ourselves a family... Things are tough in the world right now, and I just never want to take what we have for granted.

And Joe is such a good husband... he went and got me Starbucks this morning (and brought it back) even though he was late for work. And he went and got Thai food tonight, even though it's a pain to go pick it up after a long day at work.

I am blessed.

Prayed specifically for a miracle tonight; that somehow we would get into IBESR this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins