Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Almost" into IBESR!!

I was feeling “martyrish” this morning (I don’t think that’s a word, but I think it will convey the right message) because sometimes it just feels like things aren’t moving forward..
I had been looking at the statistics of entering into IBESR (this is the equivalent of the department of family and children's services, responsible for approving each international adoption) and in the past it has been taking about 2 months to enter, once the referral is received. However, right now we are at 3 months, and our update last week still stated “pre-IBESR.”
But we just got this email from our Bethany Christian rep:
I received an update from Stephanie at GLA today with some good news about Joe and Jill's dossier. It was given to the attorney this morning. The attorney will now have the social history completed, as well as review the complete dossier, and then will be submitting it into IBESR. I would expect that it should be submitted within a couple weeks. GLA is not usually notified immediately when the attorney submits dossiers; however, as soon as GLA is informed, they will let me know and also provide the family's IBESR number.
So… that brought me some much needed peace, and I owe God a big thank-you for the “movement.”

2 comments:

  1. Good news! Let's get this ball rolling and bring that handsome boy home! Hope you hear more news quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel for you. We have been in IBESR 3 months now but have to go thru the Presidential Dispensation because we have 3 bio. chilluns. We are adopting Julie, nearly 2 from HCH in Haiti. Sometimes the waiting is nearly too much to bear.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins