Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Official Word on our Situation

Well, we just got the official word via Bethany, from GLA regarding the judge/paper/back to Parquet issue. I guess mostly, I am just numb (a word borrowed from a friend. The term works for me in this moment.)

Numb is better than angry; better than sadness; better than hopeless. Numb is a way of dealing with constant disapointment.

I re-did the timeline above... my expectations are getting lower each day. It seems that we just lost 5.6 weeks of time.

Hi Jill,

Dixie has clarified that yes, any files where families were in Haiti and signed for the Judge, those files will have to go back to Parquet. She is expecting, though, that these files will be changed in Parquet quickly, and will not be mixed with those files that are still in Parquet for Parquet approval. Because the files have already been approved, they will just need the one document changed in Parquet. There are definitely still some unknowns as this is such a recent development; however, this is what she
has been told at this point, and she is continuing to try to find out more information.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry this is happening. Numb is the right word. the perfect word.
    i'm also liking resignation:Unresisting acceptance of something as inescapable; submission

    rgh.rgh.rgh.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there it is. Now you know. Now I know how to pray for you. So sorry for another setback :(

    Haitian adoption = 2 slow steps forward, 1 quick step back! Eventually you do get to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, how irritating. It is like Jaime said, two steps forward, one step back. Hopefully this doesn't take long. Is there any word however, on how MANY files have to go back? Yikes, I hope there's not TOO many. I'm sorry Jill. It just sucks. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any more information than what I read on Dixie's blog and now here. I'm not surprised, but what a pointless exercise!!! I'm not expecting to get signed out of courts any time soon because I expect there will be a bit of a backlog with all the new paperwork. It really does stink.

    We have a friend who is praying for specific dates for us. We truly appreciate her love and concern, but we tell her that we just can't think that way anymore. It is so unpredictable that anything can happen. If God works a miracle and the kids are home by the date she is praying, well then we will rejoice. But for our own health, we are just taking it one day at a time.

    And thanks for posting the new information from Bethany. It really helps to have this network of support.

    Blessings,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins