http://www.glahaiti.org/message_from_dixie
We are done with our tour of churches in Illinois. We spoke at our last one last night. John and I are very tired and ready to travel back to Colorado today. And we are leaving just in time, it is snowing outside today! We will be in Colorado until Thursday when we leave for Haiti. We've really enjoyed seeing friends and family here in central Illinois. My mother, who is 89 years old, let us stay at her home for the first week and then we moved over to our daughter, Katie's home. It has been fun being here and cooking for her family. The kids tell me, "Grandmommy, it is nice coming home from school and smelling food cooking!" My daughter KNOWS how to cook, just doesn't like to cook food from scratch too often! She prefers the quick and easy cooking from a box! Plus she works all day and does not feel like cooking when she gets home! Such is life in modern day USA!
While here, we have also been working and put all new flooring down in their upstairs which is the children's bedrooms. We are not around to help our children very much and so it's nice that we are able to be here to help them do this. John fortunately knows how to do a lot of things that helps them not have to pay for someone else to do it for them!
Thursday, is my birthday. I will be 45...again! I have been 45 for several years now and might be 45 for several more! LOL I decided to celebrate it in the USA this year. John and I might actual go out for dinner together and without children! What a novel idea! We NEVER go anywhere alone. Even on this trip, we have had people with us at all locations.
I will be back in Haiti on 11 December. I will be so happy to be home, see my family, the kids, staff, volunteers, and everyone at the orphanage. I will also be glad to be in my own bed finally after being gone for 6 weeks! I need to go back to Haiti to recuperate from all of this traveling and work that we have done while back in the USA!
I am assuming that....Life in Haiti is going on....without me!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let Us Know Your Thoughts: