Monday, March 22, 2010

A Paperwork Kind of Day...

I took a couple of days off to give Joe some relief... but so far, I haven't been much help. I am drowning in research and paperwork for the adoption. I just haven't had any time or energy until now to focus on things...

So... the GREAT news is that we are considered to be in CATEGORY ONE, which means we should be able to complete our adoption this year! I will be so thrilled if this is really the way it plays out.

The USCIS (immigration) came out with a long document and details of being in CAT 1 or CAT 2... basically if you didn't make CAT 1... there is a two-year waiting process that has to take place. But because we got that one document signed, the day before the earthquake... we just made the cut-off. I am so relieved by this news, but also feel so bad for the many other families who didn't make it. I know we will all do whatever we have to, but it just makes things a lot more complicated and drawn out.

HOWEVER... the picture is of all the paperwork I had to go through today... much of it was new and some was trying to dig up the old stuff and compile it in a "slightly" different way than what was required before... we also must get passport photos and get a sealed medical exam done. All of this takes a lot of time and coordination...

But... we are hopeful we are on our way to having what we need... the check-off list is a long one.

1 comment:

  1. This is great news! I'm a fellow Linfield grad in Delaware who has been following your story. Samuel is adorable and I'm so glad your family is coming together on paper as it has in reality.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins