Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May Update has Arrived!

This month, GLA did not do a "formal update" but instead created a video for us, using various pictures of Chancelet over the past few months. There were some new ones in the video, so I had to rally and research to determine the best way to get some screen shots to share. Whew, figured it out and below are the pictures... He just melts my heart (and do you see he now has teeth?!) Oh how I wish he was home with us now...

Melanie will return in June and at that time, give us his weight, height and developmental information.

Here is a note from one of the volunteers:

Each one of your sweet babies has become uniquely precious to me in my time here. They are the faces that greet me each day and the reason I get up every morning. The love that they show and the hugs and kisses that they have given have filled my heart and my soul. I never imagined that 9 months and a few small children could change my life in such a way. I will leave here next month a different person than I as when I arrived. Through my time in Haiti I have fallen in love. I have had been incredibly blessed to be able to see the way that God’s Littlest Angels works from start to finish. I have watched Haitian parents bring their children to us with hope, I have seen the fierce love in their eyes as they look at that baby and know that they will have a future! I have watched the nannies in our nurseries who know each and every child’s fears and who calms their cries. I have seen the way they hold them, cuddle them and know exactly what to do to make them smile. They love them as if they were their own and your children love them too! I have seen forever families from all over the world come together, finally complete after months and years of waiting. I have seen the families that God built, using all of these people and I am in awe. I know that to be a part of this place is one of the greatest assignments of my life and I am forever grateful for the way that each of these babies has touched me.


So… I am just thrilled - it was such a fun update to receive!

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Great pics! I can see why it was so fun to receive this update! Praying you exit IBESR soon and move right along so you can bring this little guy home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, Chancelet is such a doll!!! What a CUTIE! Let's hope IBESR keeps moving right along. Heidi (adopting Trey Amos)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He just keeps getting cuter. Love, Grandma Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. He takes my breath away, he is so adorable! Those eyes just draw me in and grab my heart! I can't imagine how you must feel!

    My 7yo daughter Abby (from GLA) is on my lap and she said to tell you that she thinks he is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know I've said it before, but he is the cutest and I absolutely LOVE his eyes!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. U r right: he is getting cuter and cuter every month!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins