Sunday, October 11, 2009

Disheartened

I just noticed that GLA had updated the “latest adoption status” info, so went to check if there had been any movement in general. However, to my dismay it sounds like we may be “moved back a step.” Sounds like we have to go back to Parquet.
I am really in a dark place right now… It seems like I have a good week of positive thoughts/prayer and am on the path to feeling okay about things, when something else strikes.
I don’t know how to get the strength to make it through sometimes… I am completely worn-out and I don’t understand the continuous hurdles. The wind has been taken out of my sails. :-(

For families whose dossier is in courts, the dossier must now return to Parquet for a new Parquet paper with a date that is before the date the parents signed in front of the judge. I think this is a complete mess! We end up having to change three (3) court documents so that dates match! That does not even make sense to me! We are changing the dates on legal documents at the request of one judge!

3 comments:

  1. Jill, I totally don't understand this new step (well, I guess nobody does) but I really hope it does not affect SC's file by some miracle. It is so disheartening. That is the word. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when you think the process is ludicrous and confusing enough... now this??? Really??? It just blows my mind and makes me realize what a miracle it is when each child goes home from GLA (or any other orphanage in Haiti!) I am praying for you. God wants to you be Samuel's forever family and He chose you for this task to endure. He knows you love Samuel enough to make it through this fight. I don't know why it must be so difficult, but I do know He is with all of us. I don't know why the climb keeps getting steeper, but I know He will bring it to completion. I don't have any other words of comfort, just know I care and hurt for you and want so badly for you to have your son in your arms. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i, too, am at a loss for words. but i want you to first check and find out if it indeed does affect his file??? if i understood it, at alllllll, i'd know better.
    why dont' we all just close our eyes and then open them when this is all done and over?
    C

    ReplyDelete

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins