Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Painting

We received the Haitian painting of Samuel Chancelet in the mail (this was a fundraiser for the orphanage - great idea!) So, here is a picture of the painting (we had just opened up the package!) as well as the actual photo it was based off of.

While in Haiti for our I-600 paperwork, Joe also found some smaller B&W paintings, so we had those shipped back at the same time. I just love Haitian artwork: stunning, beautiful.




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking on our adoption story, and the kind words. Samuel is beautiful. I will be following your progress, and pray all goes smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, they are gorgeous! I love Samuel's beautiful portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful portrait of SC!! I love it. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, this is Laurie from The Unit! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I have felt a little uneasy with my post for some reason, but your's and some other commenters have made me feel much better about it. Maybe I'm afraid I'm painting TOO bad of a picture. Honestly it has been a hard year, but we see improvements each day. I'm not sure where you are in your process, but your little guy, who is precious by the way!! looks pretty young. I say the younger the better that they get home! I think it makes SUCH a huge difference. And getting just one home will help...I think my boys depend a lot on each other for comfort rather than us...ok, sorry to go on and on here. Just wanted to say thanks and that your boy is beautiful and that adoption is beautiful, no matter how hard. You may not end up thinking it's as hard as me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins