Thursday, January 7, 2010

3rd Time HAS to be a Charm (right?)


** We are with you Jaime!**


It’s that time again…  USCIS fingerprinting re-do.  This will be the 3rd time we have had to renew them.  And we are praying this will be the last time we will need to do this before Samuel Chancelet comes home.  They are good for 15 months, so it should be a realistic thought…  right...? (as I type sheepishly.)

We go in on January 12th – to the old, cold white room filled with mostly immigrants.  You definitely feel out of place; like you are in a foreign country and/or did something wrong (getting fingerprinted just makes you feel that way!)

And… I still don’t understand why we need to “re-do” the fingerprints anyway.  They haven’t changed.  I haven’t been sandpapering down my skin or anything…  And I have said it before:  if I were to break the law, I guarantee you the ones they already have on file would help them track me down in no time. 

Whatever…  I guess everyone needs to get revenue somehow.

LATE ADDITION:  Yep, Cathleen... we had to fork over another $160.  :-(

2 comments:

  1. you have to pay for these again?
    rgh.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, how frustrating. That must be a US thing because in Canada we don't need to be fingerprinted to adopt from Haiti. You do for Ethiopia, though. What a money grab. Fingerprints don't change!!! HELLO PEOPLE!!! Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins