Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Afternoon Updates: 1/13

I haven’t left my bed today (I am pretty sick) but somehow I have still managed to stay completely busy with phone calls, emails, interviews, comms outputs, etc… 

We have a lot of people out there helping to promote the 1000 x 1000 campaign, which makes my heart so happy!  I can’t talk at all… lungs are horrible.  But I feel like with an internet connection and email, I am doing my part to make a dent (or trying my hardest…)

Oregonian (newspaper)
Interview with Wendy, we should be seeing the internet and print version of that soon. 

CNN
Signed over rights to some of our home videos…

Received an update from a parent-friend who is at GLA in Haiti now
Jill: Thank you for your prayers.  I know, as terrifying and emotional as this has been, I am SO thankful that we could be here with Mikey when it happened, I think it is easier to be here and know that they are ok.  Chancelet is in the group of kids that are outside with their nannies today.  So we have seen him all morning, toddling around with big smiles :)  I am doing ok, trying to hold it together and NOT lay on the floor and cry.  I was already dreading leaving Mikey but now so much more so.  Our flight was scheduled for tomorrow but who knows what will happen with that.  It is hard being away from Ritchy, if only there was a way to have both my boys in my arms right now.  

Thanks for your prayers, and your fundraising efforts.  We will definitely be PayPaling a donation once we're home.  Melanie

Whitney called from Senator Merkley’s office
She let me know that we would most likely not see an improvement with our file… that this would probably add time to the process, but she would let me know if anything changes.  I am just trying to get some attention to this issue and see if we can make a difference with special visa’s, etc…  They need room in the orphanages for babies who need medical attention.

Contributions
People are amazing!  They are really coming through and helping GLA out by donating to this fund.  This is incredible.. one person forwards the message to another 20-50 people and SPARK.   The funds are so needed… please continue to help if you can.  And if you have made a donation, please let me know!

I am also encouraging other adoptive parents to reach out to their local media.  We have worked up some key messages to help with this effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins