Friday, September 4, 2009

Into Courts: I am at a loss for words...

All day today I had been a bit "down" regarding the "no monthly picture update" yet, and also just trying to determine if our judge visit actually qualified for the new requirement.

Our Portland rep is on vacation as well, so I was feeling frustrated as I hadn't heard from the Seattle coverage.

So... I was absolutely shocked/stunned when the following email came in:


Dear Jill and Joe: Great News! Michigan
just talked with Dixie and you have been approved in
Parquet!

To be honest, I thought it was a "re-quote" that we we in Parquet. I thought to myself: "I know... Stephanie had shared this super news with us 5 weeks ago when we were in Haiti."

And then I re-read it... and then... I started crying, wondering if I had read that right? I tried to call Joe at work, my mom at work, my dad at home, my friend at yoga... It was like I was alone in the world! So I got down on my knees and prayed - thanked God because I knew this one wasn't supposed to happen like this...

Then I emailed some friends... and thought about my friends in IBESR and Parquet. It was a catch-22 on how to feel. I want everyone to MOVE forward... I want everyone to be a part of this "success" week. So many good things have transpired this week; I honestly had NOT ONE thought that we would be participants in good news. No expectation of that.


  • I honestly am stunned.
  • Down on my knees to God, knowing that this is HIS miracle
  • I am thankful for adoption friends who are excited for me, but who can also be honest and share the pain of not moving through *yet*
  • Thankful for those family member and friends who are praying specifically for this process and that we can bring SC home.

I had been spending way too long on a video/song compilation (in my sadness, thinking of Samuel)... but it has turned into one of joy. It's a video I will never forget: 9/4/2009

TURN THE SOUND UP. :-)








2 comments:

  1. Jill,
    Please know that I am ABSOLUTELY THRILLED for you!!! You know how you said there are some people that you are just happy for and jealousy doesn't come into the picture, well, you my friend are one of those to me. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your little man is flying through the system and I will keep praying he is in your arms again ASAP!! Have a wonderful weekend celebrating!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl.
    You know how I feel 4 emails and a phone call later!
    so elated. abundant blessing have come to you this week!
    thanks for sharing.
    i loved watching this video.
    can't wait to live out more of the twists and turns with you.
    cathleen

    ReplyDelete

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins