The inscription on the statue of liberty always kind of upset me. I don't want "tired, poor people in huddled masses yearning to be free." I want ambitious, greatful people who will love and respect my country. Today, though, as you sit in the airport waiting for these babies, i think that is what our founding fathers meant. These are babies with no place else to go. These are not 50 something people "looking for a better life". What is the matter with these people? These 83 babies traveled all day only to be held the airport while the eager parents await their fate? I think 2 years of scrutiny is enough to make you worthy parents. I think the earthquake in Haiti proved that these children have a need. These are not people trying to sneak across the border. Who, by the way, the US would usually greet with open arms and their Medicaid packet. Why these kids? Whoever these people are who are stalling this process need to get on the illegals coming in from Mexico. if they are that hard nosed, we wouldn't have an immigration problem. If they are just being pissy, find something else to be pissy about without taking it out on these poor babies who are already in a state of turmoil. Strip search some arabs with one way tickets from yemen and let these babies grow up with the families who have worked so hard to get them. See, now I am getting pissed off again . . .
I just thought of something - you are going about this all wrong! Our fearless leader - the big O - wants to give free healthcare and free college eductaion to all illegal immigrants. Grab the kid and run. He will be considered an illegal to the US so everything is free for him!! Great money saver for you!!
I just read the post on the GLA Facebook page that all the US babies are with their adoptive parents now. Is that true?!?! Is he with you yet? I'm dying here too! Please update as soon as you can!!!
Let's leave this beautiful family alone for a while! Here's a great update! http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/orphans_no_more_haitian_childr.html God bless you Jill and Joe and baby Samuel! Ignore us all and enjoy. Our hearts are with you.
The inscription on the statue of liberty always kind of upset me. I don't want "tired, poor people in huddled masses yearning to be free." I want ambitious, greatful people who will love and respect my country. Today, though, as you sit in the airport waiting for these babies, i think that is what our founding fathers meant. These are babies with no place else to go. These are not 50 something people "looking for a better life". What is the matter with these people? These 83 babies traveled all day only to be held the airport while the eager parents await their fate? I think 2 years of scrutiny is enough to make you worthy parents. I think the earthquake in Haiti proved that these children have a need. These are not people trying to sneak across the border. Who, by the way, the US would usually greet with open arms and their Medicaid packet. Why these kids? Whoever these people are who are stalling this process need to get on the illegals coming in from Mexico. if they are that hard nosed, we wouldn't have an immigration problem. If they are just being pissy, find something else to be pissy about without taking it out on these poor babies who are already in a state of turmoil. Strip search some arabs with one way tickets from yemen and let these babies grow up with the families who have worked so hard to get them. See, now I am getting pissed off again . . .
ReplyDeleteI just thought of something - you are going about this all wrong! Our fearless leader - the big O - wants to give free healthcare and free college eductaion to all illegal immigrants. Grab the kid and run. He will be considered an illegal to the US so everything is free for him!! Great money saver for you!!
ReplyDeleteI just read the post on the GLA Facebook page that all the US babies are with their adoptive parents now. Is that true?!?! Is he with you yet? I'm dying here too! Please update as soon as you can!!!
ReplyDeleteyou had time to post your donuts...how about pictures of the kid!
ReplyDeleteLet's leave this beautiful family alone for a while! Here's a great update!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/orphans_no_more_haitian_childr.html
God bless you Jill and Joe and baby Samuel! Ignore us all and enjoy. Our hearts are with you.
Amen, Mamatina. Congrats Wilkins family of 3!! Blessings, blessings, blessings!!!!!!
ReplyDelete