The last few days have flown by... we have been hanging out, just getting into a routine (or trying!)
We are SO THANKFUL for everything everyone out there has done for us... We would have been overwhelmed and completely unprepared without your help! We had started to get things ready, but thought we had another 6-9 months to go, so we really had nothing for him (other than clothes that are too big!)
Joe and I have both wanted to send everyone a personal note, but we are realizing how hard this is to do with a baby (welcome to parenthood, right Jill?) But there are so many things we want to say to each of you… we will get our bearings soon though – and we will try to get better about this! I will try to blog in the meantime so that you can at least know how things are going.
QUICK UPDATES:
We took Samuel to the doctor as soon as we could, so we will have a few follow-ups... The kids coming out of Haiti typically have some "stuff" to deal with, so fortunately we got into the international adoption program at OHSU... We feel really good about that. We did find out that he has an ear infection, so we are working on clearing that up first!
My parents have been here the past few days - thank goodness! We are still trying to figure out how to be parents, so it has been nice to have them around to help with the house stuff. My sister was also able to spend some time helping too, which was really nice.
And yesterday my aunt, uncle and cousin stopped by for a little bit (my aunt and uncle live in Alaska and we were so glad the timing worked out to where they could meet SC before heading home!)
Other than that - it has just been "home time." We aren't great at this parenthood thing yet, but we are trying! :-) We sure do love Samuel though - he is a good kid. He is picking up on a few words and seems to be adjusting just fine. He is also sleeping 8-9 hours per night, which is wonderful!


Jill and Joe, Thank you so much for the update and the pictures, its hard being a new grandma so far away. I can hardly wait until I can hug him too, but the pictures help a lot, its almost as good as being there myself.
ReplyDeleteJust to let you know...you are "trying to be parents" from now on...no right or wrong really but that's what makes it so great :)And since I have a skinny, small 20 month old also...find a pair of pants that stay up and buy LOTS of them :) I have so many pairs that just fall off Ryan...even ones with ELASTIC waistbands! Old Navy is cheap, good stuff and sizes run small so fit "our" boys well! LOVE the family pics.
ReplyDeleteJoe and Jill - I am so happy for you, and love seeing the joy in everyone's eyes as they bask in being a part of a bigger family. Samuel looks like he's having a blast, too and is such a blessed little guy to have so much love just pouring over him. God bless you all....and give you strength, wisdom, guidance and patience (especially with yourselves). Have fun mom and dad!! Parenthood suits you! :)
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Katie
Joe and Jill, congratulations and welcome to parenthood! It has been heartwrenching and incredible following your journey! Parenting truly is the toughest job you'll ever love, kids don't come with manuals but you will grow and learn just as much as Samuel and your lives will be so much fuller and blessed for it. I'm so happy and relieved for you all. I could go on and on, because nothing in the world means more to me than being a parent, but I'll stop here and just want to say again how happy I am for you.
ReplyDelete