Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Some Prayer Needed

Apparently we still don't have confirmation that our I-171H paperwork is at the embassy in Haiti. To be honest, I still don't know what we missed here - I have been looking back and don't know who is responsible for getting the paperwork from the NVS to the Haiti Embassy?

Also, we completley missed reading about the immunizations we "should" have taken care of before heading on the trip (thanks to Cathleen for making me aware, and Anita for verifying!)

We are now down to 7 days to go before our trip to Florida (then onto Haiti from there) and dealing with this stuff. I have a big customer crisis going on at work today so I was already stressed out by that... and then we got hit with this.

Here is what I just got from our Bethany rep:

I understand your frustrations and I am working with the Haiti Team to try and get a quick confirmation from GLA. Dixie has emailed the USCIS in Haiti and is waiting on them. The Haiti Team sent a message to Dixie again just to check to see if she had heard yet. USCIS usually responds to her right away when she sends something their way.

Appreciate your prayers that this gets resolved. :-(
I am trying to give this one to God.

1 comment:

  1. You will know soon. The lady's name I gave you is on the Haiti Team, she gets results.

    I'm sorry this is all coming down to this stress. not fun, not fair, not OK.

    I have a letter that says the I171 went from US to Haiti, did you get that?? And, if not, we have something else to add to our infamous list.
    thinking of you,
    Cathleen

    ReplyDelete

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins