Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful for Sound Advice

A fellow adoptive parent (who is also the only other one I know from Oregon, adopting from Haiti/GLA too) just sent me the soundest advice. She just went through the exact same paperwork issue we did (maybe it’s just an Oregon thing?!) At any rate, here are her words:

My advice (if you’re interested) is to assume it's been done - get excited, pack, pray, and live in that place. Worse case scenario, you get there and don't have an appointment. You've still met him for visa purposes, got to hold, love on, and bond with him, and gosh darn it- you'll just have to go again for the I-600. Or file it the 'old fashioned way'. But more than likely - you'll get to file the I-600.

I'm so excited for you - trust me that the moment you hold him- all of this stress will fade away, and you'd do it all again without a second thought just to be there with him.

Thanks Anita… I am listening! J I think God was using you to have a little “chill” session with me!

Thanks also to all of you who have sent the kindest thoughts and who are praying alongside of us right now. I have no new information today, so I guess we are just going to have to roll-with-it for now…

1 comment:

  1. This is good advice. Sorry I didn't give it. I was trying to validate that you weren't nuts for being frustrated!
    I will pray for you to roll with it, as this is a prayer for myself also.
    Things do have a way of working themselves out and there is still time. I will light a candle for you right now-to accept things for what they are and how they are right now.
    Take Care-
    Cathleen

    ReplyDelete

Let Us Know Your Thoughts:

Adoption Updates & Thoughts from the Wilkins